I grew up with elote or mexican corn. I remember as kids we would go to our favorite elotero and you could either get corn on the cob or corn in a cup. Funny thing, Mitchell grew up in Iowa and sweet corn was his …
Tag: easy vegan recipes
Easy Vegan crustless veggie quiche that tastes like heaven!
Vegan cooking is all about flavoring and using the right herbs and spices. This easy and healthy veggie quiche is flavorful and filling, the perfect brunch food. The hearty veggies; brussels sprouts, red bell pepper and asparagus is balanced by the chopped basil, diced tomatoes and green onions.
It is so delicious!
I decided to opt without the crust, however, feel free to make it! I have a recipe that is fool-proof and only 4 ingredients. Its my go to crust recipe for savory and sweet pies. I paired the crustless quiche with roasted potatoes.
It was the perfect treat for a lazy rainy late morning.
- a splash of almond milk
- 1 tsp of liquid aminos
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 2 tbsp of nutrional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups of chopped brussels sprouts
- handful of chopped asparagus
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 tomato diced
- 2 tbsp of chopped basil
- 1 bundle of green onions sliced
- Set your oven to 375
- Blend the tofu with a splash of milk, 1 tsp of liquid aminos, turmeric, cumin, nutrional yeast, salt and pepper until smooth and creamy.
- In a saute pan, heat the olive oil and add all the veggies. Once the veggies are soft combine with the tofu 'egg' mixture.
- Get your cupcake pan and individually grease them with olive oil.
- Add the 'egg' mixture to the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
- Let them cool