Easy & fun healthy vegan brunch; granola cups with vegan yogurt
I usually make raw granola but this morning it was so bright and sunny that I decided to make healthy and easy granola cups with vegan yogurt with fruit instead of smoothies.
It was relatively easy and it looked so pretty! The perfect dish for a healthy vegan brunch.
It took only 35 minutes to make and about 5 minutes to eat them, haha. The granola is sweetened with maple syrup and ground cinnamon. It has a delicious crunch provided by cashew nuts and flax seeds. The creaminess and tartness of the yogurt is the perfect combo, add colorful fruit of your choice and Voila, a dish to impress!
Meadow really loves yogurt which is so great because I’m a huge fan of fermented food. I’m all about kombucha, kimchi, and anything that provides probiotics for a healthy gut. We have not gotten sick all winter (knock on wood) so grateful. I think its because of this wonderful plant-based lifestyle and making fermented food a part of our daily meals.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week and thank you for visiting!
- 1 smashed banana
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp flax seed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/3 cup of cashews (optional)
- In a bowl, smash a banana with a fork,add the cinnamon, flax seed, maple syrup, coconut oil, nuts and oatmeal.
- Combine with a spatula.
- Oil a cupcake pan.
- Press the mixture in, molding the cups. Press on the base and up the sides.
- Place the pan in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove muffin cups from freezer and press each firmly into the base and sides of the muffin cups again.
- Bake in the preheated oven 10 to 12 minutes. Press sides of granola cup into the muffin cup again with a spoon.
- Let cool for 20 minutes before removing from muffin cups.
- Fill each cooled cup with yogurt.