The Best Vegan Cookbooks
- Thug Kitchen: Eat Like You Give a F*ck A bestseller that I have cooked out of many times, and it’s pretty funny to read.
2. Minimalist Baker’s Everyday Cooking: 101 Entirely Plant-based, Mostly Gluten-Free, Easy and Delicious Recipes – A great resource and an inspiring blogger.
3. Vegan Richa’s Indian Kitchen – I love everything she does.
4. Decolonize Your Diet: Plant-Based Mexican-American Recipes for Health and Healing – What’s better than vegan Mexican?
5. Oh She Glows Every Day: Quick and Simply Satisfying Plant-based Recipes – I go to her site all of the time.
My husband and I were “flexitarians” for a long time before deciding to commit 100% to a plant-based diet. At first my husband, Mitchell, had a hard time feeling completely satisfied with dinners, he felt like we were just eating side dishes. Being from Iowa, he of course is used to having the meal revolve around some sort of meat. After watching some documentaries and being appalled I became determined to make veganism work for my family and learn how to veganize all of my family’s favorite meals. I was on a mission to cook comfort meals, and make veggies the main course in my husband’s eyes. I kept ending up at these people’s blogs, and I love and admire all of these authors; I follow their blogs, I own their books, and they have taught me how to cook vegan and convert my favorite meals vegan.
So here it is; the best vegan cookbooks on amazon.
Minimalist Baker and Thug Kitchen helped me to organize my kitchen and get my cupboards and fridge arranged so that I wasn’t running to the store every day to complete a simple recipe. I learned all of the vegan staples, and I started to really love what I was creating. I had a blog that was sort-of a prototype for this one, the “soft-run” per-se, and I even started a vegan Mexican food truck at one point with my husband. When I am looking for inspiration, these folks just always nail it. Nowadays my husband and I are completely used to a vegan diet and are always more than satisfied with our new meal plans. One thing all of these cookbooks have in common, other than being amazingly vegan, is they each began with a blog. 🙂
Have a great day everyone!