Cast Iron Vegan Huevos Rancheros
I grew up with my mom making my sister and I huevos rancheros as a child. I replaced the eggs with pan fried tofu. It is a quick and easy breakfast dish to make; savory, spicy, simple, and delicious!
On another note, my good friend Krystal surprised us with an iron skillet, and I’m obsessed. You use less oil, it’s chemical-free and boosts your food with Iron! It’s pretty cool stuff! (Thanks Krystal!) If you don’t have one, I definitely recommend one.
Vegan Huevos Rancheros
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 large tomato (diced)
- 1 jalapeno (diced)
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 can of corn
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1-2 Tblspn olive oil
- 1 package extra firm tofu (drained & sliced)
- corn tortillas
- Warm up the pan over medium heat, put in the olive oil.
- Saute the onion for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato and jalapeno, followed by tomato sauce, can of corn, and salt & pepper.
- In another pan saute tortillas (cut into triangles) until crispy, and then add to original pan.
- Pan-fry the tofu (same pan as tortillas).
- Dice some cilantro and garnish with a lime and some avocado.