Mitchell and I were laying in bed with Meadow in between us, her legs were on my thighs while her arms were on Mitchell’s stomach. We were both reading and trying to keep movement to a minimum, when out of nowhere he blurts out, “ I don’t feel 29”. I thought about it for a second and replied “We still get carded” as if that meant something.
I quietly got out of bed to go to the bathroom and while I was washing my hands, I took notice that my forehead had faint wrinkles. I leaned closer to the mirror, could it be? Is it time to give a shit about my skin? Because I had never given it a second thought and in my mind I was still 21. Within seconds, I had come to the conclusion that I needed to drink more water and perhaps go on a juice cleanse, after all, you are what you eat, right?
It turns out, a juice cleanse is not my forte, so I did second best; I headed to my local hippy dippy grocery store determined to find the perfect vegan beauty product. I went to Natural Grocers and walked straight to the beauty aisle, and carefully picked up different labels that were enticing to me, but right away Mad Hippie stood out.
What can I say, I’m a sucker for a good label but it turns out it is more than just a pretty name. It has fabulous reviews online and people swear by it. I gave in and bought the cream cleanser, vitamin C serum and face cream. It was pricey but worth it.
- My skin tone immediately improved.
- My faint wrinkles are disappearing.
- My skin glows… Mitchell will randomly say you look really good and you’re glowing, haha. Thank you Mad Hippie!
- My face feels hydrated & plump. I live in the high desert, its a very dry climate and I have combination skin so its hit or miss with moisturizers. If its too heavy, it makes me breakout and if its too light, my skin gets dry. A real bummer.
- Finally, my skin is NOT overly oily, it feels smooth and soft.
Mad Hippie vitamin C serum and the rest of their products have an abundance of antioxidants and vitamins; it always feels like I am putting a multi-vitamin on my face.
Also, it is a relatively easy and low maintaince beauty routine because lets face it, I have a 2 year old and I haven’t brushed my hair in days.
Not to mention, its fantastic to find an all natural, cruelty free, vegan product that actually works.