I took Meadow to the public library the other day because she loves it. It’s a great space for the kiddos but it’s the cold season. ? Meadow was playing when I hear in the background a mom say “does that kid have a runny nose?!!!! I’ve had a enough colds in my family!” Grabs her little girl and rushes her to the bathroom to wash her hands, leaves immediately. Awkward! The sick kiddo, cute as a button, goes and says hi to Meadow ? I don’t want to be rude so I let them interact for a second and very discretely rush Meadow to the bathroom to wash her hands, haha. Well, last night Meadow did not sleep well because she has a runny nose ? Poor baby, it’s the season. Mitchell has a theory that moms like to take their sick kiddos to the library ?
but like my mama says it only strengthens her immune system.
So I made her the most delicious chicken flavored soup to warm her up and cure that little cold.
This soup is super easy to make, a classic that will take you back to your childhood. Comforting, warming, and a cure all type of soup just like your mama used to make.
Enjoy and stay healthy out there!
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 chopped celery sticks
- 4 chopped carrots
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup of flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1 tsp salt
- 64 oz of vegan chicken flavored broth
- 12 oz of vegan wide noodles
- In a large stockpot, add the olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Add the onions, saute for five minutes or so, then add the garlic, the carrots, celery, bay leaves, thyme, parsley, and stir for a couple minutes. Add the broth, allow the mixture to boil gently until the veggies are tender. Add the noodles and boil until noodles are soft. Taste the soup and add salt and pepper to taste. I added 1 tbsp of salt and 1 tsp of pepper but it will vary on how salty the brand of broth is.
- Serve with a lemon wedge (it brightens the flavors) and toast! Enjoy!